Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Day After

Another day is done in Busuanga. As I am writing this blog we have just finished having dinner. Tonight’s menu was corned tuna and beef loaf. We don’t have any food left on the fridge because we weren’t able to go to town to do the groceries. Mineral water has run out also. But all in all it was a good day besides that. We also just finished watching Wolverine while we were eating dinner.
Manila VFR was suspended today so it was a day of rest for us. Not much planes to talk to and control besides the usual 4 scheduled flights. We are getting the hang of things now and we tried playing the PS2 I took with me here. But to our dismay we weren’t able to since the audio and video connection of the TV is broken. It has been hotwired to the DVD already and it means hotwiring my PS2 also in order for us to use it. Emman is still nowhere to be heard from; our last report of him was he would be here on Saturday.
We tried to go to the waterfalls nearby after work but decided against it when the water was too cold to take a dip. Today we experience our first power outage and which cause the radios to flicker because of the back-up batteries weren’t charged. It gave us the excuse to close the airport earlier than 5pm. But the outage just lasted for an hour. We were just relieve it did because we can’t imagine sleeping in the cab without aircon. It was a choice of sleeping downstairs with plenty of mosquitoes or here with the aircon out. After work we just took a short walk around the terminal and played basketball at the old terminal. The ring was so small for the ball that we were using but we still worked up a sweat along with Mario, Sir Tony and Rex, another ATP assigned here.
After the game we retreated to the confines of the cab and I settled into a corner in continue to read the book that I’m reading. Mario and I were planning on buying a new board and ring for us to play on this Saturday when we go to Coron for our first visit. I’ll be sure to find an internet cafĂ© with a decent connection so that I could upload the pics I have taken here. It’s time to get some rest now for tomorrow would be another working day. Belle was telling me that I settled to the provincial life. It’s just that you got nothing to do here after 8pm. I have a choice between my book and this blog I’m writing every night to keep me sane or there is better alternative smoke.

No comments:

Post a Comment