Sunday, November 22, 2009

Busuanga First Impressions

I am writing from you at Francisco Reyes Airport at Busuanga, Palawan. The travel took 1 hour and 10 minutes. I took the Bombardier Q300 from Manila flying out of Terminal 3. I think I was the only one who is not a tourist on that flight. It’s just now, of the almost three years that I have been at Manila Tower that the view from the window of a plane was amazing. I regretted not buying batteries for my digital camera. The view would make good wallpaper on my Jurassic laptop. The clouds would give you the impression that you are in Antartica, because it’s so compact and infinite looking. The bombardier just has an altitude of 9000 feet flying at 250 knots all the way to Busuanga. After that fine view I just doze off until we are about to touchdown.
I got to admit that Busuanga is really nice. It’s ideal for people who want a quiet place of relaxation. There are pristine blue waters and lush greenery all around. The first thing I did when I got off the plane was click pictures from my N73. But due to the crappy connection I can’t upload them now coz it would take me forever. Globe Tattoo is just registering a measly 11kbps. Note to travelers: There is no Sun signal in Busuanga, Globe’s signal is crappy so stick to Smart when you are here.
After collecting my luggage I proceeded to the tower. Kind of funny though that everyone keep on asking me if I want a ride to Coron when my destination is the very airport itself. (Note: Town center is about 27 kms from the airport) I proceeded to the tower and find Sir Tony on the cab. He gave me a quick overview of all the equipment present in the cab since I worked from the Tower before it didn’t take me long to grasp what he was saying. After he closed the airport at 5pm. He gave me a brief tour of the airport and the surroundings. I learned from him that around the airport is a ranch where cowboys complete with costume and horse are herding cows in the morning. When the tour was concluded we went back to the tower for me to unpack my stuff and have a shower for in time for dinner. Busuanga at night is really creepy. There are no other sounds but the insects maybe talking to themselves. I now conclude that being here, I would have frequent “yosi breaks” because of all the free time in my hands. Work here starts at 6am and ends at 5pm when the airport closes. I am currently on the tower cab since it is the only room here that’s air-conditioned.
As I go to rest tonight I just hope everything would be okay. Tomorrow would be my first day at work I would keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment